Always Give First…and Give more!
Do you use email marketing as a serious marketing tool? If you do, you are probably very familiar with CAN-SPAM compliance.
A lot of people think they can’t email someone they do not know. But that’s not true.
Here are 6 things to keep in mind to stay compliant (and stay away from the SPAM police):
1. Make sure you state who you are (the from, to and reply to should be stating who the email is coming from).
2. The subject line needs to represent what is actually in the email (and not be misleading).
3. Identify if the email is an ad.
4. Include your business address (most people do this in the signature line).
5. Give people the opportunity to opt out. This doesn’t have to be an automated link. You can just say ‘if you don’t want to receive these emails, please let me know.’
6. Honor the opt out requests.
The more you can personalize the email, the better.
Happy email marketing!
Comments are closed.