Increase Your Productivity!
We are always looking for ways to increase our productivity and get more done. Below are tricks I use to help me stay focused and get more done.
- Organize Your Day – Plan your day the day before. This will help you focus on your top priorities and will help you get more done.
- Eat That Frog – In Brian Tracy’s book ‘Eat That Frog’ he talks about doing the most important things FIRST. When you organize your day, make sure you are tackling the most important tasks first.
- Organize Your Area – Make sure you have all the tools you need to be successful. Try to keep a clutter-free area if possible.
- Take Breaks – While this seems counterintuitive, taking regular breaks keeps you focused when you are working. I like to take active breaks like walking outside or walking the stairs. This 5-10 minute break allows you to get some exercise while you give your mind a break.
- Get Outside – I usually cover this one during my breaks. I also (if it’s nice outside — and it often is in Austin) like to sit outside and let the sun hit me.
- Say No – Practice saying NO to requests. This can be hard because we all want to be helpful.
- Eliminate Tasks – Sometimes we do things that really don’t need to be done by us or done at all. Evaluate your to-do list regularly to see what you can delegate or eliminate.
- Automate – What can you automate? Can you put a system in place to reduce the work? There are so many programs out there to do this like IFTTT, marketing automation such as Marketo, InfusionSoft, Active Campaign, social media tools like Hootsuite and Buffer, and so much more.
What do you do to increase your productivity?